RHYTHM WORKS Integrative Dance
RHYTHM WORKS Integrative Dance has taken the popular Hip Hop Made Easy Program, currently in over 2000 schools & dance studios worldwide, and re-imagined it for use as clinical modality to be used alongside existing therapies, as well as a pathway to integrate kids with special needs and individual learning differences into inclusive dance classes. The curriculum is COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE to fit the needs of your student and is appropriate for kids age 3 – teens, boys and girls.
THERAPISTS & SPECIAL ED. TEACHERS – NO DANCE EXPERIENCE? NO PROBLEM! You’ll learn everything you need to know to successfully use dance in your practice!
DANCE TEACHERS – Our continuing education program and resource guide will give you the tools you need to create a safe and supportive environment for the best possible learning experience!
- Rhythm Works Integrative Dance combines music, rhythm, and movement into a fun and effective therapy modality based on hip hop dance.
- RWID may be used as part of individual therapy sessions, as well as in group settings.
- Developmental, functional, and motoric goals may be supported through purposeful, client-centered rhythm and dance activities.
- The program also promotes development in self-regulation, attention and communication skills.
- 150 hip hop dance steps are classified into 31 categories to help aid common therapy goals.
- The RWID Certification Workshop identifies a variety of teaching styles to effectively accommodate individual learning differences.
- Attendees will learn how RWID can be customized for each client/student to improve outcomes for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Down syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Sensory Processing Disorders, ADHD, and other learning differences.
We are currently setting our fall certification workshop schedule. Please contact us for more information!
Los Angeles, CA – March 12-13, 2016 Rhythm Works Integrative Dance 2-day Certification Workshop for Clinical Professionals ONLY:
This introductory course is offered for 13.5 contact hours/ 1.35 AOTA & CPTA CEUs (Classification Codes – Domain of OT: Performance Skills, Activity Demands; OT Process: Outcomes)
“The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA or indicate AOTA approval of a certification or other professional recognition.”